In 2008 the Texas legislature passed HB 2015, this law requires all group health insurers to release claims data to the employer. This information is extremely important for employers when contemplating changes to their health insurance policy. Not only does it allow employers to have a better command of claims utilization it is a bargaining chip when moving from fully insured policy to a level funded policy. Based on your HB 2015 report you may have the ability to negotiate better rates for you and your employees.
Instead of each employee completing a health questionnaire our carriers will accept your HB 2015 report which includes the following:
· Claims Experience (2 Years of Claims Data)
· Premiums Paid vs Claims Paid
· RX Utilization
· In/Out Network utilization
· Large Claimant Details Diagnosis Prognosis Dollar Amounts
· Active/ Terminated Status If customers can’t find it, it doesn’t exist. Clearly list and describe the services you offer. Also, be sure to showcase a premium service.